Each Sunday, I like to practice gratitude and remember some of the blessings I’ve been given throughout the week.
warm ups involving bubble baths, hot tea, and novels
beautiful blue skies and sunshine
pinot noir catch-ups
picture messages of my newest nephew
deciding to listen to Abram, leaving way too early to go to the movie, only to realize we were just in time to find a decent seat
Jesse coming home today recharged and happy after a weekend to himself
golden doodle foot warmers
overhearing Violet read books to Abram (and then having time to get a picture of it too)
the public library
friends and smiley not-quite-babies and Panera oatmeal
essential oil diffusers
bird feeder visitors
pretzels and peanut butter
1. Ren Centifolia No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm – Okay, so it has a really long name and I was very scared to try it at first because of the reviews talking about burning eyes and greasy feel but I love it. I don’t wear eye make up often but when I do, I find it almost impossible to remove but not with this stuff. It does sting the eyes a little so if you are super sensitive I’d probably stay away (I am, but I find it livable) since it’s an investment, but a little goes a long way. I never thought I’d stop using Purity but I think I’ve found a new favorite.
2. Chloe – I received a sample of this in my last order and LOVE it. I’ve been wearing Poppy for awhile now and while I love it, I wanted something a little more “grown up” for date night and this fits the bill.
3. Diamencel Foot Buffer #11 – I walk around barefoot ALL. THE. TIME. and have lived with horrible cracked heels for the last two years. Pedicures, creams, those stupid softening socks that never worked. I tried everything and was ready to just give up. This is spendy but I’ve been using it two or three times a week (I follow up with a heavy duty lotion) for a little over a month and it looks brand new AND my feet are unbelievably soft.
4. Josie Maran Body Butter - This smells DIVINE and I finally don’t have giant scabs on my legs from itching them in my sleep because they are so dry. I still use my Cetaphil for day to day because this is expensive and I’m not willing to go through it at the pace I go through moisturizing cream, but I probably use it two or three times a week as a “treat” and love it. I’d like to try the balm as well.
5. NARS Eyeshadow Base - I have yet to try a product from NARS that I don’t absolutely love and this is no exception. I have heavily lidded eyes and my shadow smudges and creases and makes me look old. Or it used to. I used this the other night and after five hours my eye makeup was exactly where I put it. I’ll definitely repurchase this.
So…what have you been loving on in the beauty product world lately? I’m looking for some new serums – I’ve developed an allergy to the line I was using so if you have any Vitamin C or Retinoids that you can recommend, I’d LOVE the help!
**I was not compensated for this post in anyway and these links are not affiliate links. I just have a love of product and wanted to share my current favorites with you.**
I’ve lost 3.3 pounds. But this isn’t just about being thin. It’s actually not about being thin at all. It’s about healthy. So I thought I’d share some of my successes this month.
So for the month of February I told myself I would write down EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I put in my mouth on my fitness pal (come find me), and I’ve had good days and bad days but I’m doing it more than I was before. I’m going to make that one of my health goals for March too.
I’m on my second week of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K. I’m not supposed to be running. I got hit by a car when I was 20 and shattered my lower right leg. I’ll share that story someday, but in the mean time, look both ways before crossing the street. It’s a good idea.
Anyway, I’ve started and stopped running quite a few times do to issues related to that accident. Last year I finally bit the bullet and saw a orthopedist who told me 1) I needed to rest until at least January. (No walking for more than a mile consecutive) and 2) I shouldn’t run until I was below 180 pounds, if ever. Now when a doctor tells you something, I think you should listen. But I also know that I’m never going to get below 180 pounds unless I’m running/walking. So I’m not listening to him. I AM listening to my body and going slow (like a sloth) and giving myself plenty of rest – especially when my hips start to get sore (which is the only lasting issue I have with getting hit by a car so I’m not complaining – much).
In addition, I’ve completely dropped caffeine/Diet Dr. Pepper from my diet. It’s insanity. I figured that the whole reaching my goal weight was going to take time, but I wanted to do something that I could do NOW and be done so I gave up the chemical shit storm that is Diet Dr. Pepper. Go me.
The last little blurb: lemon essential oil. It’s awesome. I put a few drops in my water every morning and sometimes once again in the afternoon and my sugar cravings? Almost gone. It’s very weird. My chocolate stash that usually lasts me two days has lasted me over two weeks. It’s like magic. Speaking of health and essential oils, I’ve been using my homemade vapor rub and andes mint lip balm and I’ve been searching for even more essential oil recipes. I hate to say I’ve jumped on the bandwagon – but I’ve jumped on the bandwagon. I even signed up as a Young Living member, though I order a good deal from Mountain Rose Herbs as well.
So that’s me. A little healthier. Doing hard things. What’s something you’re proud of doing this month?
"The Tiny Now" was created as a reminder to love this moment and live with intention because someday, I want to look back and see a life well lived.
Like it? Share it, Pin it or Link it. But please don't copy my content without permission.